Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pete Peeve 2

Pete is a friend from the Fishers of Men Fishing Club (Twin Cities) that is in the Minnesota National Guard. Pretty much every month when he does his Guard drilling he leaves his dog Sandy with us and then when the drill is over he stays for several days, sometimes more than a week. Pete loves to fish and so do I, but not necessarily with Pete; He can be a real buzzkill at times.

Tonight Pete and I were out on Platte Lake fishing for pike and I was constantly reminded of another reason, he is a pain to fish with. He is a constant and demanding back seat driver when I'm in control of the boat. He is constantly demanding adjustments of coarse and suggesting were we should fish. When he makes a demand about where to go and we get a fish off of it he just gets arrogant and even more demanding. Tonight the fish bit good so I had to constantly deal with this kind of BS.

Both times fishing with him today, there were times I just wanted to be somewhere else.

Sorry about the whining, but sometimes you got to vent.

Pete Peeve #1 here...

No comments: